Remuneration: Negotiable on experience
Location: Johannesburg, North Riding
Job level: Mid/Senior
Type: Permanent or freelance
Artifact Advertising is a full 360 integrated, independent advertising agency. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic digital guru with a passion and ability to think about digital in the context of a brand or campaign strategy. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, creative, independent thinker who adds value to our amazing team, with a passion for digital channels especially social media within the context of fully integrated strategies.
Artifact Advertising is looking for passionate Strategic Digital Thinkers with a Social Media Speciality to be a part of our Digital Department. Our Digital Strategist must be experienced in all of the digital touch points and channels. Creating strategic advertising, communications, and marketing campaigns online that integrates with traditional advertising. From Initiating and presentation to guiding, monitoring and optimizing the strategist will be responsible for the implementation and KPI’s of the work.
Excellent knowledge about and experience of all platforms and digital channels on a strategic, practical but not necessarily technical level, the basics of which would be:
- Social Media for brands
- Social Media Media Channels
- Online Media channels - Social Media, Search Media & SEO, Display networks, Publishers, content marketing, video networks etc
- Websites and their functionalities - in all forms.
- Mobile Platforms and Channels - in all forms.
- Development projects - games etc that can be utilized in creative strategies.
..as well as understanding their relationship with other media, e.g radio, TV, outdoor and their roles in an integrated campaign.
- The experience and ability to apply strategic and creative thinking to insights, research, trends and information in the online space. A methodical business approach to achieve objectives through collaboration and solid planning.
- Current and relevant knowledge about SA digital and social penetration, trends and usage Statistics, objectives, and potential of all the above forms part of the knowledge set that informs your Digital Strategies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to conceptualise groundbreaking digital campaign ideas while maintaining the logic needed to implement these practically.
- As a specialist in your field you will be called upon to explain, educate, conceptualize, add value to brainstorms and present on many occasions both internally and for clients. Great time management and the willingness to work overtime on strategies when meetings are taking up working hours must be considered when applying for this position
- You will need to maintain great relationships, externally with clients, suppliers as well as internal working relationships with Social Media Department, Client service department, Development Department, Creative department, and Copywriting as your strategies, ideas and campaign management will input into all of these aspects of the business.
- The confidence and competence to call together and manage brainstorms, project teams and campaigns with minimal supervision and quick, effective results.
- Analytics, Reviews and Reporting:
Experience in analyzing Google analytics, Facebook insights and other metrics platforms such as Social Bakers, Hootsuite, ORM platforms.
The ability to tailor these for different client reviews, and monthly reports into one cohesive, well thought through professional presentation or document.
The knowledge and experience to analyse the data intelligently (from a big picture perspective) and include relevant and valuable insights and recommendations to the client in every report and review.
The confidence to present to clients and debate and discuss the review, report and the way forward
- Minimum three years of relevant experience leveraging digital strategy and social media in a corporate, marketing or brand-building capacity. Brand and/or agency experience compulsory.
- Suitable formal qualifications, degrees, diplomas or certificates
3) Personal Skills/Attributes:
- Friendly team player passionate about all things social media.
- Ability to work with and get the best out of a team
- Deadline driven
Only email applications with an online/PDF portfolio will be considered. No telephonic correspondence. NB: only realistic market related remuneration will be considered. On the application specify current remuneration and desired remuneration. On the application specify availability.